30.5.13

Sprinkly Chocolate Slice {Recipe}

*Disclaimer: I am (now) aware that 'sprinkly' is not a word (thanks Helen). But it totally should be, and I like if the words 'sparkly' and 'spiky' exist then so should sprinkly.

I've already shared our Marshmallow Pops and now is the turn for these tasty beasts.

You will need:
Puff pastry. I used Jus' Rol Puff Pastry sheets.
Chocolate spread. I used Nutella.
A bar of chocolate for melting on top. I used a basic Sainsburys bar.
Sprinkles.
Egg wash

This is so simple.
Lay out your pastry sheet and divide into 6 pieces, or more if you want to make mini bitesize slices (great for a picnic I think).
Spread Nutella onto one half of each divided piece, then fold over and press the edges together. Mark around the edges with a fork. I probably used a tablespoon or two of Nutella for each slice.
Brush with egg wash.
Place onto a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper and place into a preheated oven at 200 degrees for around 20-25 minutes or until the pastry has started to brown.
Whilst these are cooking melt some chocolate.
Once the pastry slices are out of the oven and still hot drizzle chocolate over the top, then simply sprinkle your, erm, sprinkles on top.
Done!

You can either eat these hot/warm, although it is rather messy with the melted chocolate on top but uber yum! Or wait for them to cool, still quite messy but still uber yum.

Simple and effective. The boys absolutely loved them (as did my husband, and I) and will soon be trying them with different fillings, like jam for example.




What you see vs What you don’t see

 What you see: A woman with long dark hair A Wickes blue tshirt Black jeans Gladiator sandals (I have trust in the weather to not rain today...